Question: Do I need to obtain a visa to visit Romania for 21 days?
Answer: Depending on your national country, the purpose and the time span of your visist, foreigners may request a visa to enter the Romanian space.
1. The Romanian short stay visa is the visa which allows foreigners to request entry into the Romanian territory, for other reasons than immigration, considering an uninterrupted stay or several stay intervals whose duration should not exceed 90 days, within 6 month, as of the first entry. Such type of Romanian visa may be issued with one or multiple entries.
2. In case of foreigners traveling frequently to Romania, for business purposes, upon the request of the central administrative authorities or of the companies with far-reaching economic and financial power, the short stay visa with multiple entries may also be granted for one year, and in exceptional cases, for an interval up to 5 years. In such cases, the duration of the stay may not exceed 90 days within 6 month, as well.
3. Short stay visa shall be granted for the following purposes :
• mission – to foreigners who for reasons related to their political administrative or public utility office, have to travel to Romania. This type of visa shall be issued to foreigners working for governments, public administrations or international organizations, as well as to those who, by purpose of their stay in Romania, are of interest for the relationship between the Romanian state and the state of their origin. Such visa can also be issued to the family members accompanying them;
• tourism – to the foreigner who is to travel to Romania for tourist purposes;
• visit – to the foreigner who intends to travel to Romania in order to visit Romanian citizens of foreigners with a valid stay permit;
• business – to the foreigner who intends to travel to Romania for economic and / or commercial purposes, for contracts negotiations, to learn or to verify the use and operation of goods acquired or sold under commercial and industrial co-operation contracts, as well as to the foreigner that is or will become an associate or shareholder of a Romanian trade company;
• transportation – to the foreigner who is to travel for short periods of time in order to carry out professional activities related to goods or persons transportation;
• sports – to the foreigner who is to enter Romania for a limited interval in order to participate to sportive competitions;
• cultural, scientific, humanitarian activities, short term medical treatment or other activities which do not breach the Romanian legislation – subject to justify the presence in Romania;
4. The stay right in Romania, granted to the foreigner through the short stay visa, cannot be renewed.
Question: What conditions need to be met for granting a short stay visa in Romania?
Answer: 1. Depending on the purpose for which the short stay visa Romania has been requested, the fulfillment of the following conditions shall be necessary:
• mission – Romanian visa shall be granted to foreigners proving that they have one of the qualities foreseen above and travel to Romania pursuant to such qualities;
• tourism – Romanian visa shall be granted to foreigners if they present:
• visit – short stay visa Romania shall be granted to foreigners, if they provide:
• business – Romanian visa shall be granted to foreigners, if they provide:
• transportation – short stay visa Romania shall be granted to foreigners, if they provide:
• sports – short stay visa Romania shall be granted to foreigners, if they provide:
• cultural, scientific, humanitarian activities, short-term medical treatment or other activities which do not breach the Romanian laws – short stay visa Romania shall be granted to foreigners if they provide:
Our law firm is able to provide necessary assistance in matters related to visa application for entering Romania. The Romanian immigration attorneys at Darie & Manea are always ready to deliver solutions, as well committed to identify alternatives for less expected intricate instances.For a free case consultation, please call us now!